Some tips for Yoga practitioners
Some tips for Yoga practitioners:
- Take dinner early in the evening. Avoid carbohydrate rich food and kapha dosha aggravating food items (milk products, banana, guava etc.) in the dinner.
- Eat small quantity of food multiple times rather than together. Make sure you don't feel "full" after any food intake. This way your metabolism will be good and you won't feel sleepy during sadhana.
- Brush your teeth in the night. In the morning drink a glass full of water slowly on empty stomach. If you suffer from constipation add a spoon full of honey and lemon juice to a glass of warm water and drink that on empty stomach.
- After doing Pranayama the perspiration should be rubbed on the skin carefully since it is charged with pranic energy (remember perspiration mentioned here is due to the practice of pranayama and not due to weather conditions).
- First do Yogasana, then Pranayama and finally Dhyana. If you do any other cardio exercises do them before your Yoga session.
Bipin Joshi is a software consultant, an author and a yoga mentor with more than 22 years of experience in classical yoga system of India. He is an internationally published author and has authored or co-authored more than ten technology books for Apress and WROX press. He has been awarded as a Most Valuable Professional by Microsoft. He has also written a few Marathi books including Devachya Davya Hati and Natha Sankentincha Danshu. Having embraced yoga way of life he also teaches Kriya and Meditation to selected individuals.
बिपीन जोशी लिखित देवाच्या डाव्या हाती आणि नाथ संकेतींचा दंशु या पुस्तकांची आपली प्रत आजच विकत घ्या. त्यांच्या अजपा योग मार्गदर्शनाविषयी अधिक माहिती येथे उपलब्ध आहे.